By now, most online retailers have realized the value behind having a Blog.
The content driven, keyword richness, linking platform, and traffic generating power behind a Blog can’t be overlooked in today’s online retail industry.
But be careful not to shoot yourself in the foot by having a complete different feel in your Blog than in your Online Store. Having a perfectly integrated Blog can boost your conversion rates (when done properly).
Take a look at these examples bellow showing complete integration between Online Store and Blog:
A few things to consider when integrating your Blog and your Online Store:
- Use a custom subdomain to match your Store’s URL.
- Match your store’s Favicon.
- Match Header and Footer.
- Match overall layout & design (2 columns, 3 columns, width, fonts, etc)
- Integrate your Search Box to display product results.
- Integrate product feeds such as newly added products.
- Integrate Social networks.
- Integrate Live Chat services.
- Optimize for SEO (use nofollow tags when appropriate).
About the Author – Trepoly
eCommerce Web Design and Development Company helping small, medium, and large-to-be businesses succeed online. "We make it EASY to sell online!"